Thursday 19 June 2014

Brown Butter Banana Blueberry Muffins

I baked  banana blueberry muffins after a break from baking.... I still went to work on the first few days of the school holidays to tie up some loose ends. Then had a girls-only weekend trip to KL with my daughters, even though I'd already caught the flu bug.... I'd promised the girls we would go. We walked & ate a lot, as intended. It was only when I returned home that the flu got worst, so I spent the next few days at home, on the bed most of the time. I suppose it's God's way of making me stay at home, specifically on bed...


These  muffins are very moist & delicious. I tweaked the original recipe by browning the butter to give a more nutty flavour.... an extra step, but definitely worth the effort! 




Brown Butter Banana Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:
3 large ripe bananas (I used 4 medium pisang berangan.)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup melted browned butter (I used 100g butter & cooked it to get 1/3 cup of browned butter.)
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups plain flour

Method:
  1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the milk solids have turned a nutty golden brown. Set aside.
  2. Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
  3. Add sugar, egg & vanilla.
  4. Add butter and blueberries.
  5. Combine dry ingredients and gently stir into banana mixture.
  6. Pour into paper cups or greased muffin pan. (I used 25 mini paper cups.)
  7. Bake at 180 deg C for about 20 minutes.
Adapted from recipe by DebM @ food.com.

I'm linking this post to the event Little Thumbs Up (June 2014 Event: Butter) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen).

2 comments:

Jozelyn Ng said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe with LTU, Faeez...
Wish you get well soon!

Victoria Bakes said...

i love the browned butter bit.. indeed an extra step takes you to that extra mile in terms of flavour! i shall keep this step in mind

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...