Sunday 17 June 2012

Rainbow Marble Pudding

As I've mentioned yesterday, I also made Rainbow Pudding for Haslita's cousin's engagement. My plan was to make Kak Wan's Rainbow Marble Pudding but halfway through pouring the mixture into the pan, it was clear that the marble effect of  my pudding was quite messy. Right away, I decided to just pour the remaining mixture into a heart-shaped jelly mould. In the end, the pudding that was presented to Haslita was a four-layered pudding.




The marble pudding for my family's consumption! Yummy!!!

Rainbow Marble Pudding
Recipe by Kak Wan of Resipi Citarasawan.

Ingredients:
25g agar-agar powder
1350ml water
450g sugar
pandan leaves

5 eggs
1 can (400g) evaporated milk
2 tbsp custard powder

2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tbsp butter
blue & pink colouring

Method:
  1. Combine agar-agar powder, water sugar & pandan leaves in a saucepan & bring it to a boil. Remove from fire & remove pandan leaves.
  2. Combine evaporated milk & custard powder in a mixing bowl & mix thoroughly.
  3. Add in eggs & beat, using a whisk or blender, until well blended. Strain & set aside.
  4. Pour the egg mixture into the pan of agar-agar mixture & cook for a few minutes.
  5. Remove from fire. Add in vanilla essence & butter & mix thoroughly. Divide mixture into 3 parts. Colour 1 part blue & another pink. Leave the third part plain.
  6. Wet a 9 or 10 inch pan. Slowly, pour a ladle or plain mixture. Then pour, as low as possible, a ladle of blue mixture onto the center of the plain mixture. Then pour the pink mixture onto the blue mixture. Continue doing this until finish.
  7. Allow jelly to cool & harden slightly before putting it in the fridge. Serve cold.
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #20: Asian dessert buffet! (June 2012) hosted by Moon of Food Playground.

8 comments:

Nashreen said...

Wow.. awesome... my mouth was left open after seeing this:D

Faeez said...

Nashreen,
It's beautiful, isn't it....?Colourful & delicious too.

Gee® said...

Wow! mengancam....

WendyinKK said...

Absolutely stunning!
The colour combination is so nice

rahel said...

Waw...canteknya puding itu..nyaman sekali..

Zoe said...

I tried making colourful agar gar for my son once but wasn't as good as yours...

This is my first visiting your blog and I'm admiring all your beautiful bakes and cooking. Hope to be back for me... following you :D

Love2cook Malaysia said...

Absolutely gorgeous looking desserts. I can finish them all in seconds! ;)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Look colorful and lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...